Thursday, August 02, 2012

Something borrowed, something blue ...

Hello everyone ...

Today I am sharing a card that I created for my younger sister to give to the happy couple at a wedding that she was attending last weekend.  The wedding invitation included a lovely photo of the soon to be married couple ... and so she gave me that photo to see if I could incorporate it into the card!

I am entering this card into the Paper Playtime Anything Goes Challenge!

And here is the card ...
Their photo was all in blue ... so I decided to make the card in a similar colour theme :)


I used my sewing machine to add lots of nice edges and trims ... a nice way to add that extra touch!  I used a layered ribbon and flower embellishment ... an elegant touch!


I left a spot for a heartfelt message on the left and used some rub-on sentiments on the right ...


And finally ... because this card was an unusual size (and large with some dimension), I created an envelope to fit it ... using eyelets and ribbon to close it & attaching a tag to write their names!


Thanks for stopping in today ... I hope you were inspired!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty and love the envelope! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love everything about this card and envelope

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a beautiful card, a great memento for the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete